[pwguildcug] How much is a billion

  • From: "Ina & Werner Stephan" <wernina@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <"Undisclosed-Recipient:;"@freelists.org>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2013 22:46:15 +1100

            This is too true to be funny.
            The next time you hear a politician use the word 'billion' in a
casual manner, think about whether you want the 'politicians' spending YOUR tax
money.

            A billion is a difficult number to comprehend, but one advertising
agency did a good job of putting that figure into some perspective in one of
its releases.

            A.
            A billion seconds ago it was 1959.

            B.
            A billion minutes ago Jesus was alive.

            C.
            A billion hours ago our ancestors were living in the Stone Age.

            D.
            A billion days ago no-one walked on the earth on two feet.

            E.
            A billion Dollars ago was only 13 hours and 12 minutes, at the rate
our government is spending it. (Bill McC adds that this may be open to question)

            Stamp Duty
            Tobacco Tax
            Corporate Income Tax
            Income Tax
            Council Tax
            Unemployment Tax
            Fishing Licence Tax
            Petrol/Diesel Tax
            Inheritance Tax
            (tax on top of tax)
            Alcohol Tax
            G.S.T.
            Property Tax
            Service charge taxes
            Social Security Tax
            Vehicle Licence / Registration Tax
            Vehicle Sales Tax
            Workers Compensation Tax

            Carbon Dioxide Tax

            STILL THINK THIS IS FUNNY?

            Not one of these taxes existed 60 years ago and our nation was one
of the most prosperous in the world.

            We had absolutely no national debt.
            We had the largest middle class in the world. Mum stayed home to
raise the kids, Dad and teachers were allowed to discipline kids.

            A criminals life was uncomfortable.

            Boat people were kids sailing on the Harbour.

            What the hell happened?
            'Political Correctness', 'Politicians or both?'I hope this goes to
at least a billion voters around Australia and beyond