[PWC-MEDIA] Newsletter VolTA 4: Are we Making Perfect Life?

  • From: Heleen van Kooij <h.vankooij@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'Pwc-media@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <Pwc-media@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2013 12:01:23 +0200

If you can not see the newsletter properly, please click
here<http://volta.pacitaproject.eu/>

[cid:35F3348D-4FF2-40B0-8CEA-7D55E03390A2]

[cid:CC0CEC01-23CB-4268-830B-9788E475025C]
________________________________
Interview to António Barreto
Numbers are not
enough<http://volta.pacitaproject.eu/antonio-barreto-on-freedom-of-information/>

________________________________

'I could draw a definition of you based on a million different statistical
indicators, and I still wouldn't be able to draw a reliable portrait'

+ Read
more<http://volta.pacitaproject.eu/antonio-barreto-on-freedom-of-information/>
________________________________
Other sections
Visual Thinking<http://volta.pacitaproject.eu/visual-thinking/>
Technological
diversification<http://volta.pacitaproject.eu/technological-diversification-a-key-to-economic-stability/>
The CIVISTI project<http://volta.pacitaproject.eu/vision-on/>
Talking
TA<http://volta.pacitaproject.eu/talking-ta-pacita-great-transitions-conference/>
Clinical
Trials<http://volta.pacitaproject.eu/clinical-trials-safe-and-more-transparent/>
________________________________
Agenda<http://www.pacitaproject.eu/?page_id=281#action=ai1ec_agenda>

Euroscience Open Forum (ESOF) 2014

21 to 26/06/2014.......Copenhaguen<http://volta.pacitaproject.eu/esof-2014/>

Science for the Environment 2013

3 to 4/10/2013.....Arhus
(Denmark)<http://volta.pacitaproject.eu/eu-seeking-input/>

________________________________
Special Report
Are we Making Perfect
Life?<http://volta.pacitaproject.eu/megatrends-in-bioengineering/>

The blurring boundaries between biology and technology

[cid:52B31B9B-73A0-4F33-9842-EF32BC1159BE]

Biology and technology are merging in many more ways than ever imagined. An
ambitious technology assessment study, Making Perfect Life, has delved deeply
into the changes this might entail. How can policy makers ensure these are
mostly for the good?

+ Read more<http://volta.pacitaproject.eu/megatrends-in-bioengineering/>

________________________________
The Method
Future Panel
________________________________

Getting politicians, scientists and stakeholders together at an early stage to
discuss a specific topic opens up the debate and hopefully leads to more robust
policy making. In the PACITA project, a Future Panel is dealing with the
challenges related to public health genomics.

+ Read more<http://volta.pacitaproject.eu/future-panel/>

________________________________
Highlight
Wavy wonder
________________________________

Zsuzsanna Szentirmai-Joly is the inventor of Laokoon®, a fabric that moves.
Inspired by fish and reptile scales, beautiful two and three-dimensionsal forms
can be created for a myriad of applications including fashion, furnishings,
interiors and art.

+ Read more<http://volta.pacitaproject.eu/wavy-wonder/>

________________________________

www.pacitaproject.eu<http://www.pacitaproject.eu/>| Parliaments and Civil