[purejavacomm] Re: Anyone use PureJava with Android?

  • From: Ytai Ben-Tsvi <ytaibt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: purejavacomm <purejavacomm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 31 May 2015 21:37:18 -0700

So you probably want to do a similar thing to what I did in the IOIO code.
PJC is probably not what you need in this case. It is not clear that JNA on
which PJC relies is easily portable to Android.

On Sun, May 31, 2015 at 9:29 PM, John Lussmyer <Cougar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

What I'm looking to do is replace some (unreliable) Bluetooth-Serial
adapter/code in my app.
I'd much rather use one of the Andorid USB-Serial adapters and leave the
whole bluetooth headache out of it.

On Sun May 31 21:03:31 PDT 2015 ytaibt@xxxxxxxxx said:
The IOIO only uses PJC for PC. On Android I'm using the standard API for
talking to USB devices (see here:

https://github.com/ytai/ioio/blob/master/software/IOIOLibAndroidDevice/src/ioio/lib/android/device/DeviceConnectionBootstrap.java
).
This is essentially a simple driver, written in Java for a CDC type of
device.

--

Bobcats and Cougars, oh my! http://john.casadelgato.com/Pets