[pure-silver] safes lights - was New color head "discoveries"

  • From: "Rob Champagne" <app@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 13:47:33 +0000

for what its worth I use a "Kaiser Duka 50" safe light which is a sodium light
and  I get upwards of 20 minutes safety with all papers I use including Forte
ploywarmtone.  I use it with the red filter (it comes with a white filter as
well which can be used for colour work). Admittedly I don't have it turned up
to full brightness and point it at the white ceiling so that the light is
reflected around the darkroom.
These safelights never seem to get a mention but they are very very good even
though a little expensive.

forte polywarmtone is known for being susceptible to fast fogging from
safelights and that may be the cause of not being able to get above a grade 3.

rob c