[SILVERADOS] Re: [pure-silver] Re: negative scratches/Edwal No-Scratch

  • From: Snoopy <snoopy@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 08 May 2005 22:46:03 +0200

Dear John, again, :-)

At 16:22 08.05.2005, you wrote:

>I went to the Tetenal website, and could not find this
>item. What is the name of it. B&H did not have any
>Tetenal scratch removers either.

Glad to oblige: the stuff is called Tetenal Repolisan, Tetenal Article=20
Number: 103612. It comes in a 100 ml tin bottle and contains: esters,=20
alcohols and aromatic hydrocarbons.

If you use it a lot or if it ages it gets more viscous, then you are=20
advised to use Repolisan Thinner (Art. No. 100946) to water it back down.=20
You can also use the thinner to remove the varnish if you are unhappy.

My bowl has a diabolically clever little device known as a "snout" :-). I=20
pour in the entire bottle of Repolisan, dump the negs and then pour it=20
back. The stuff comes off the tools resp. bowl readily in the dishwasher=20
and I don=B4t have to tell Mrs. Giralt about it :-)

The way the stuff smells I am sure its classified as hazardous materials by=
=20
the postal services around the world. So I wager sending you some is too=20
complicated. If you fail with the Edwal product then I volunteer that you=20
send me the negatives and I can try the Repolisan stuff for you and mail=20
them back.

>negative. I scratched the emulsion of a negative when
>cleaning it w/ a cloth once, so I won't touch the
>emulsion w/ anything except air from a blower or
>canned air unless absolutely necessary.

Incidentally I also use a Tetenal hardener for fixing baths for my films=20
together with the SISTAN stabiliser. Its number is 101038.

Makes them just that tad more robust if they ever fall down on the floor or=
=20
somesuch.

Love
Snoopy