[pure-silver] Re: pure-silver Digest V3 #160

  • From: Georges Giralt <georges.giralt@xxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 22:15:04 +0200

Adrienne Moumin a écrit :

Bogdan, I imagine the yellow areas are "hot spots" caused by the very bright lights, which (I imagine) must have a bit of a yellow cast which is registering on your camera's sensor as yellow splotches.

Is it possible to move the lights further back so the light is more even? Failing that, can you adjust the white balance or something else to compensate? (I've never used a digital camera but know a bit about such things so this is a wild guess).

As a last resort, a halogen rig would eliminate this problem, since the light is much closer to pure white.

-Adrienne Moumin
***************************************
on the web at:  www.picturexhibit.com

Additional work at Art@Large, NYC:
http://tinyfineart.com/artists3/amou/amou.htm
***************************************

Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 14:30:51 -0400
From: Bogdan Karasek <bkarasek@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [pure-silver] Re: Presentation Ideas

Hi,

I tried using a Canon Elph 2.1 megapixel and two 3200°K floods in
reflectors but, in the final digital images, I kept getting yellow
splotches on the white mat.  It would vary from image to image.  Finally
gave up in frustration.  What are the yellow splotches from?

Cheers, Bogdan
Hi !
This is flare.
The lamp is reflected back from the CCD sensor to the last lens of the lenses and back to the CCD where it produce a circular image. It gives you round shaped ghost images on uniform subjects (round clear spots on black surface and off white spots on white backgrounds) The CCD sensor is a highly reflective thing... This is quite unavoidable whith digital cameras. Stick to film.....

-- Ce message est constitué d'au moins 50 % d'électrons recyclés. Aucun électron n'a été blessé ou forcé d'aucune manière pendant l'écriture de ce message. S'il vous plaît aidez nous à conserver nos ressources, recyclez vos électrons ! ============================================================================================================= To unsubscribe from this list, go to www.freelists.org and logon to your account (the same e-mail address and password you set-up when you subscribed,) and unsubscribe from there.