[pure-silver] RE: [pure-silver] Dennis Hopper, 1936 - 2010 < Chasing Light | photography, sandwiches, cigarettes

  • From: "BOB KISS" <bobkiss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2010 17:03:53 -0400

DEAR TIM,
        Thanks for the link to Dennis' great photos.  This brings to mind a
summer evening in, I believe, 1981 when Catherine Guinness who was working
with Andy Warhol at INTERVIEW magazine (for whom I was shooting regularly in
those days) invited me to an independent film premier at, I think, the 8th
Street Playhouse (not sure about this one).  We sat down to watch the film,
OUT OF THE BLUE, and the director, yep, Dennis Hopper, hugged Catherine and
sat with us to watch the film.  The three of us spent the rest of the
evening at various watering holes drinking vodka and talking about film and
photography.
        One of those NYC 80s moments.  Glad I experienced them...glad I
survived them!
                CHEERS!
                        BOB