[pure-silver] my focotar-2 50mm 4,5 lens upgrade

  • From: richard lahrson <gtripspud@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 11:02:14 -0800

hi, ive just replaced the fungus coated, scratched daxoo 3.5 with a clean
focotar-2.  i put in a full range b&w neg in tje focomat 1a and just
eyeballing the image, the replacement lens looks a full paper grade more
contrast!   also, the autofocus seems the same but i need. to check it.
      BTW, long ago in an old 'whole earth' catalog, under photo, there was
a brief sidebar about
running a PRINT verification test on setting the auto focus for the
focomats.  i would like to run this test, or something, similar that someone
on the list might
care to recommend.             best, rich