[pure-silver] mounting slides

  • From: Shannon Stoney <sstoney@xxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 11:59:46 -0600

I made some slides today of some of my silver prints.  I want to mask
them, and a book that I read about photographing your own work
suggested having slide film processed only and NOT mounted in slide
mounts, so that you could mask the background out before mounting
them yourself in slide mounts.

I have never done this before.  The book suggested Letraline tape as
the masking tape, and it suggested slide mounts "with little dots of
glue" on the inside in order to hold the transparency while you mask
it.  It seemed to be suggesting that some slide mounts come with
little dots of glue.  But I have not seen these in any catalog or
camera store.  Does anybody know what brand that is, or have any
other advice about what kind of slide mount is easiest to use, or
even if it is a good idea to mount your own slides?

--shannon