[pure-silver] Re: how important is hypo-clear?-Marvin

  • From: Marvin <marvbej@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2014 09:18:52 -0400

I'm sure they'll be fine Janet, as they also would be with a shorter wash
period. I find it interesting that "the sort of washing that was recommended
for archival storage about the late 1950s resulted in instability due to
oxidation of the image silver due to peroxides in the atmosphere", but I'll
take that statement with a grain of salt [or sulphite] since there are many
prints from the '50s and earlier that received long washing and have survived
without damage.

Bob Marvin