[pure-silver] Re: free 5x7 enlarger

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2005 16:39:09 -0800

----- Original Message ----- From: "Eric Maquiling" <emaquiling@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, November 02, 2005 3:35 PM
Subject: [pure-silver] Re: free 5x7 enlarger

Where is this guy?
People shoule be aware that the Saltzman is a very heavy
floor standing enlarger along the lines of the big Durst
units but built like good machine shop equipment.

Took 4 or 5 guys last time I've seen a Saltzman enlarger being moved.
Good luck to whoever gets it. Definitely not your apartment or
kitchen enlarger :)

-- Eric

The 5x7 is a little more practical than the 8x10, its about the size of a heavy duty floor standing drill press. Probably, this one has a modern lamphouse, the original used mercury vapour tubes but there were incandescent condenser and cold lights made for it. Also color heads could be fitted and there is a current Arista head that will fit. My old Saltzman catalogue is among the missing boxed up books in the garage. At some point I will have to drag all this stuff out and sort it.

---