[pure-silver] e-mail outage

  • From: `Richard Knoppow <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 7 Dec 2020 20:18:58 -0800

    I have had no e-mail most of today. Earthlink/Netcom mail was out since about 10AM. It seems to be back now but either there is a large backlog of messages which will come in later or else whatever was sent to me during the day is gone.
   This is the second time in a couple of months that Earthlink has had an extended mail outage and they have had long DNS server failures. Time to move elsewhere I think. Its just that I have had my addresses for a very long time.
   In any case if there were any administrative issues during the day you know why they were not addressed. Perhaps all this missing mail will come in later as other servers try to catch up. ISPs need to understand that e-mail and other services are no longer experimental. I don't run a business off e-mail but there are plenty who do and to whom an outage like this could be be devastating.

--
Richard Knoppow
dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx