[pure-silver] Re: creeping focus

  • From: Graham Hughes <graham@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2006 01:41:37 -0800

Ken Hough wrote:
> Is it your focusing standard that's moving? Or the entire carriage?
> Either way just study the parts and adjust the pinion rods to make things
> tighter. Easy as changing spark plugs!! Seriously!

The carriage on my 23c has an elevation lock that, since I replaced it
using Beseler parts, has ensured that the carriage is quite rigid
(certainly defeating my ham handed attempts to move it when I forget
it's locked!).  The focusing standard, on mine, lacks such a lock.
Considering the relative age of mine, I would be somewhat shocked if
someone else's 23c lacked such a carriage lock.

Graham