[pure-silver] Re: comparing enlargers

  • From: Elias Roustom <elroustom@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 17:57:50 -0500

The Durst M605 is a wonderful enlarger - I have one too, and I'm very
happy with it.
I recently found a color head for it, and I've been using that to make
RA4 prints with it.
I do find durst negative carriers a bit cumbersome, but the build of
the enlarger doesn't make me worry about the need for parts.

$100 is a good deal for anything in excellent condition, but it's not
necessarity a step up from your 605. However if you're unhappy with
your Durst, buy the Omega, and sell the durst. They get good money on
the used market if complete, I bet you could double your money.

Here's an instruction manual for it:
http://www.darkroompro.com/pdf/enlargers/omega_b600.pdf

Elias