[pure-silver] Re: camera repair needed

  • From: Janet Cull <janetgcull@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2013 15:43:00 -0400

hm. it would make me feel awfully good to say I fixed it myself, but is there anything tricky about those little electrodes? does anything need to be re-programmed?? i have no interest in a "data" back, but I guess you can turn it off - yes?

On Apr 18, 2013, at 3:40 PM, Speedy wrote:

I had this happen to my F100 about five years ago. I purchased another door and replaced it myself. It is REAL EASY.

I found a databack for an F100 on Ebay. It has a few days to go. If you are interested in that my guess is that it will ultimately sell for about $125.

I also found a replacement for sale. I have not used this vender but they look to be a respectable business. Here is the link:
http://shop.thefotogeeks.com/nikonf100filmdoornikonpart1b999-938.aspx

This is not a hard fix if you can find the part. I LOVE my F100. It kept me fed and clothed for several years. I can't imagine parting with it!

Speedy

From: ryounger@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2013 10:32:09 -0700
Subject: [pure-silver] Re: camera repair needed
To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I might be willing to sell mine Janet. Let me think about it.
Bob Y.

On Thu, Apr 18, 2013 at 8:28 AM, Janet Cull <janetgcull@xxxxxxxxx> wrote: What I like best about the F100 is that it's auto-focus. Even with my diopter on others my focusing isn't just perfect. Anyone got one you want to sell?

On Apr 18, 2013, at 11:06 AM, Barry wrote:

I'm not one who likes how we've become such a disposable society either. I guess this is why my hobbies tend me toward things that are relatively easy to repair; or at least designed for repair- Campagnolo bicycle parts and fully mechanical cameras without electronics. Well that, and I'm hard-headed...some would say stubborn, but not me.

Anyway Janet, if it's the rear door of the body and not the body itself, it might be fairly easy to replace the door with another door from another F100- perhaps a 'parts' camera from ebay or KEH or whatever.

But then the mischievous luddite rangefinder geek in me wants to say "meh...it's just an SLR. There's millons more out there." But you know how I roll...

Barry
From: Janet Cull <janetgcull@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, April 18, 2013 7:05 am
To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

The back popped open on my Nikon F100. It appears there was just a
small plastic piece that's broken on the edge of the back, so it won't
click shut. If it were yours would you send it to Nikon, or is there
someone good you can recommend? I am in NC. ( near Charlotte is not
where I would take it. )

Thank you.

Janet

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = ====================================================================== To unsubscribe from this list, go to www.freelists.org and logon to your account (the same e-mail address and password you set-up when you subscribed,) and unsubscribe from there. = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = ==================================================================To unsubscribe from this list, go to www.freelists.org and logon to your account (the same e-mail address and password you set-up when you subscribed,) and unsubscribe from there.