[pure-silver] blotter books

  • From: Shannon Stoney <sstoney@xxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2006 08:54:13 -0500

I was looking at blotter books in a catalog the other day. The catalog says, "A must for flattening fiber prints." Has anybody tried this? I usually dry my prints on screens, and then flatten them under books, but they don't look that flat and I have to take them to a school with an ancient drymount press to get them really flat. But that old drymount press will barely get hot any more, so I am looking for an alternative. Do blotter books really flatten fiber based prints?

--shannon