[pure-silver] Yellow edges... Zero Self Control!

  • From: Ray Rogers <earthsoda@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 14:09:10 -0700 (PDT)

RK wrote:

>Putting prints or film in emulsion side down
tends to trap air against the emulsion so its not
really good practice.

I can see where there might be a problem, with poor
process technique, but if one has to leave the prints
alone, I find it safer to place them face down, but I
do "U" or "C" them in so the trapped air can escape.
Face-up and there may be a tendency for the edges to
go mountian climbing... I have also had some
"floaters", so usually I place the tongs or
thermometer on top as a (light) paper weight.

However

the REAL reason I prefer face down is to help me
resist the temptation to pull the print up and out of
the developer in order to examine "Hey, How You Doing
Old Buddy?!" the image.

Just like a kid in a chocolate factory!

Zero Self Control!

RR