[pure-silver] Using ruined printings

  • From: Bogdan Karasek <bkarasek@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2008 19:03:53 -0400

Hi all,

Now that I ruined about 20 prints because I used acetic acid as a fixer and then toned them in Selenium toner, I don't want to throw them out but see what I can salvage, maybe do something with them.

First off, Should I fix the prints properly in order to use them for other things.

Several ideas I want to try.

Bleaching (partially) the prints and then leaving them like that, not toned. Should I do something special to stabilize the bleaching process, stopping it. Would fixing (hypo) do the job?

Can I retone the prints... bleach and then sepia, yellow, brown, blue toner???? retone in Selenium???

Is there something that I can put on the paper in order to inhibit bleaching in that particular spot. An example off the top of my head, if I dripped wax (x) in certain areas of the paper, would bleaching be inhibited under the wax (x). Is there an (x) that will inhibit the bleaching? Something that I can write with on the paper and then the bleaching would be inhibited under the writing?

Any comments and ideas are most welcome.

Cheers,
Bogdan
  Bogdan Karasek
  Montréal, Québec                     bogdan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx