[pure-silver] Re: User Manual for NOCON Enlarger Timer

  • From: David Swinnard <davidswinnard@xxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 16:54:29 -0700

Bob, this is what I found last year when looking about... (I just tried
the link where I found it and it doesn't work anymore but I did save a
text version and have appended it.

Cheers, Dave

Nocon Timer

How about this from http://www.rodashford.co.uk/online2/unique2.html :

The F-1 timer does away with the need for charts and guesstimates. Three
buttons under the LED display are used to enter your preferred INITIAL
exposure time, which can be any value from 1 second to 99.9 seconds.
Once this time is stored using the STORE button, exposure changes can be
made from -1 stop (MINUS ONE) to +3 stops (PLUS THREE) using 16 preset
buttons calibrated in 1/4 stops intervals. For example A basic exposure
time of 5 seconds can be increased by 1 1/2 stops (14.1 seconds) simply
by pressing the +1 1/2 button. The RUN button is pressed and the timer
counts up from zero to 5 seconds. Pressing the RUN button a second time
causes the timer to count up through the extra 9.1 seconds (+1 1/2
stops). By using a combination of the 1/4 stop preset buttons, an
exposure program can be built up. For example, to make a test strip
based around a preferred exposure time of 5 seconds in 1/4 stop steps. 5
seconds is entered and the -1/4 -1/2 -3/4 +1/4 +1/2 +3/4 buttons pressed
. When the RUN button is pressed the timer counts up to the first
exposure 3 seconds (-3/4) subsequent exposures are made at 3.5 seconds;
4.2 seconds; 5 seconds; 5.9 seconds; 7.0 seconds; and 8.4 seconds. When
making the test strips using this method it is important to remember to
progressively cover the individual exposure strips rather than uncover
them as might be more familiar, otherwise the strips will not receive
the correct exposure. Once test strips have been developed and assessed,
the most suitable exposure time can be entered as the new INITIAL time.
A suitable program can likewise be simply built up for a print requiring
a basic exposure of 10 seconds but requiring one small area be dodged
for -1/2 stop and another area perhaps burned-in for +3/4 stop.