[pure-silver] Re: Trap Focus

  • From: Speedy <speedgraphic@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 17:22:43 +0000

This was available on my Nikon F100 as a custom function.

Speedy
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 14:01:11 +0000
From: john@xxxxxxxxxxxx
To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [pure-silver] Re: Trap Focus

To the best of my knowledge, trap focus is strictly a digital camera trick. It
is a custom function (at least in the Nikons) in which the shutter is triggered
when something moves into a preset focus range. (hence the 'trap' term).

I used pre-focus a lot in sports photography back in the sixties and seventies,
long before autofocus. You can do the same but, of course, there's no
auto-magic about it.

john

On Jun 11, 2009, ATIPPETT@xxxxxxx wrote:

I am looking for details on Trap Focus.  Sounds like a neat idea but I can not
seem to find complete plan.

Google has lots of raves but each posting lacks complete details/options
Auto-focus lens vs manual focus.
Also digital vs analog???

I work with film so digital would be my second choice if this is not possible
with film.