[pure-silver] Re: Today's Watercooler Discussion: Dynamic Range

  • From: "Eric Neilsen Photo" <ej@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2011 18:57:14 -0600

I'll chime in here. I think the issue with expanding color is more the use
of color correctly in a realistic way for those images staying within the
realistic realm. For those venturing out and into the surreal arena, one is
fighting the realistic eye/mind.  If it's not surreal enough people tend to
dismiss it.

I think we have all seen the HDR sky that has gone the too cyan glow to be
pleasing. I also think that dusk and sunrise do lend themselves to an HDR
image more easily. This in the sense that as we are standing there, we can
see the lights to darks.

Eric , there is auto bracketing so one click will give the entire bracket.

Eric Neilsen

Eric Neilsen Photography

4101 Commerce Street, Suite 9

Dallas, TX 75226