[pure-silver] Stocking up - a little

  • From: Jeffrey Thorns <puresilver@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2005 13:36:17 -0800

Well, I've had two camera stores tell me today that Agfa will cease all production by the end of this year. All film, paper, & chemistry. Both stores expect to receive one or two more shipments this year.

I don't think I'll hoard too much - maybe 50 rolls or so, to tide me over until I find a replacement I can live with.

(I shoot mainly B&W [a lot of Efke], but for most of the color work I do - http://tagz.org/ - I like the Agfa Ultra 100 C-41 film. Saturated and contrasty.)(I know the site's look is kinda lame - I just never get around to finishing it.)

Picked up one bottle of Sistan, 20 rolls (so far) of Ultra100, and I'll probably pick up 20-30 rolls of APX100. (I just shot a few rolls of APX100 on an old Yashica 124, souped in WD2D+, and like the results a lot. Funny how I didn't need to spend $$$$ on some new digital toy to come up with a pleasing image.)

I'm feeling nostalgic today.

Which makes me ramble....