[pure-silver] Re: Stacked Developing trays

  • From: dhowk <dhowk@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 06:18:03 -0400

I made a cart out of 2X4s and plywood. It holds four 16X20 trays. 3 shelves are pull-out drawers which I stagger when developing, then push back in when session finished. The base of the shelf is plywood and the guides are 1X2" screwed onto the sides, above & below the plywood. They hold the weight of the water quite well, but commercial drawer guides might also work. the height of the cart is to the top of utility sink. When developing, I stair-step the print down, going from developer to rinse, to two fixers. The cart or a similar under-the-counter structure could be made to fit any tray size you want. Paint it with something water proof since there sill be some splashing.

Doug
On Aug 24, 2009, at 1:08 AM, FreeLists Mailing List Manager wrote:

pure-silver Digest      Sun, 23 Aug 2009        Volume: 06  Issue: 170

In This Issue:
                [pure-silver] Stacked Developing trays

From: ATIPPETT@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 23 Aug 2009 18:58:33 EDT
Subject: [pure-silver] Stacked Developing trays

I have run out of table space for my trays.

It has been suggested that I stack the trays.

Can someone point me to an example of this process.
If there are some racks commercially available where should I look?
If not does someone have design ideas that they are willing to  share?

Thanks Alan Tippett

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 23 Aug 2009 19:08:23 -0400
Subject: [pure-silver] Re: Stacked Developing trays
From: Ronald Klein <rskmd83@xxxxxxxxx>

Ive stacked trays on a tiered a metal frame designed for development trays.
Can be used in a pinch, but I found it cumbersome and sloppy.

--
Ron Klein MD

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 23 Aug 2009 16:15:09 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
From: red735i@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

 body{font-family:
Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;font-size:9pt;background-color:
#ffffff;color: black;}p{margin:0px}
Do not know if they are still in production, but Richards made a set of
stacking wire supports for this application

They show up on Ebay every so often..... 11x14 sized

Frank

Date: Sun, 23 Aug 2009 22:10:03 -0400 (EDT)
From: "Dr. Benjamin R. McRee" <ben.mcree@xxxxxxxxx>

B&H used to carry them--don't know if they still do. They were listed as "tray ladders."

I made my own one-level tray support out of of 1x6 lumber, painted, like the sink, with marine enamel. It is really nothing more than a shelf that allows me to stack the two fixing trays.

--Ben