[pure-silver] Re: Speed Graphic Part Wanted

  • From: `Richard Knoppow <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2019 12:37:17 -0700

   There is a picture of the camera I have at:
https://graflex.org/speed-graphic/pre-anniversary.html

The one in the pix shows the later style optical finder but I am sure from remaining screw holes the one on mine was not original. The frame finder is clearly visible. The peep sight is still on the camera so I don't need that part.
In the 1940s Graflex offered a factory modernization service for earlier cameras. I think new cameras were in short supply due to the war so older ones were rebuilt to new camera condition. I am pretty sure this was one of them.
Given to me by a friend, it belonged to his father, and its of considerable value to me. I have the complete rig with the old style case.
On 4/17/2019 12:31 PM, `Richard Knoppow wrote:

    I don't know where else to post this and am inspired by the recent Linhof thread.
    I have a pre-Anniversary Speed Graphic. The wire frame finder on the front has been long removed. I would like to find one.
--
Richard Knoppow
dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx