[pure-silver] Speaking of Marlon Brando

  • From: Lloyd Erlick <lloyd@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 00:54:49 -0400

April 24, 2006, from Lloyd Erlick,

I chanced to catch a broadcast of 'The Ugly American' on TV last night.

I had forgotten just how good Brando was in this film. Much less flashy
acting than he did as Stanley Kowalski or the boxer in Waterfront.

And the film was positively prescient regarding the Viet Nam War ? and
doubly so regarding the present war.

To think that each of these films had a stills photog on staff...

regards,
--le
Lloyd Erlick Portraits, Toronto.
voice: 416-686-0326