[pure-silver] Re: Sistan Datasheet & new website

  • From: Peter Badcock <peter.badcock@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 12:23:02 +1000

Hi Adrienne,
 Regarding your web site, I'll second Rob's comments re. screen size. I
think what you have there is a bit too much for the average screen size. I
use 1280x1024 and still it doesn't all fit in without me scrolling down. The
aspect ratio is closer to a square (1:1) than the traditional 4:3. Maybe you
could reduce the image sizes a little and squash things together. The home
page lacks some 'punch' I suspect you would like to stick to shades of grey,
I'm not a graphic artist, so I can't really suggest how to rectify this. I
would like to see more pure black and whites on the page. .
The landscape orientation of the "still lifes" photo throws out the symmetry
a bit. Maybe you could put the still life image in the centre of the bottom
row or the centre of the top row.
Aside from that, I think it's a good start. I'm looking forward to seeing
the other images you have to display.
regards
Peter