[pure-silver] Re: Selenium toning + Agfa Sistan

  • From: Ray Rogers <earthsoda@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2004 03:33:49 -0800 (PST)

Hi Richard,

I am not totally convinced about this polysulfide
thing being the best of all possible methods. I am
still looking for colloraborative tests/data...and I
have yet to form my own opinion,

but in consideration of the voiced sentiment:

"I would not trust anything but polysulfide (with or
without selenium) toner for my final prints."...

can you explain why Doug Nishimura still feels Gold
toning is the bench mark for protection of microfilm,
and NOT poly sulfide?

What have you learned from him about his current stand
on the matter?

Did he say anything to you about the validity of
extrapolation of this microfilm emulsion data to
pictoral emulsions?

Do you know if this research is still ongoing or has
it been closed?

Thanks!

Ray