[pure-silver] SV: Re: Old Paper Results

  • From: Ole Finn Tjugen <oftjugen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: PureSilverNew <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2005 20:01:57 +0200 (CEST)

I have an opened box of Ilfospeed G3 which I tested along with just about every
other paper sold in Norway over the past 30 years - many of them 30 years old.

The Ilfospeed lost contrast mainly in the highlights, and after 20 years of
room-temperature storage has the lowest highlight contrast of all papers I
tested. All of my Kodak papers had lost all sensitivity, while Agfa was far
more variable. Tetenal papers (also AGFA sold as Tetenal) were heavily fogged
and blotchy. Varycon was still no worse than when new - slight reduction of
highlight contrast, but nothing damaging.

I used up my remaining Oriental Seagull VC since it was still very good...

Ole Tjugen