[pure-silver] Re: Rolleinar close up lens

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 18:28:20 -0700

----- Original Message ----- From: <ATIPPETT@xxxxxxx>
To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, March 27, 2008 5:56 PM
Subject: [pure-silver] Rolleinar close up lens

I just aquired set of Rolleinar II (close up) lens for my TLR. The viewing lens has a red dot to indicate its orientation (parallax correction). The question I have, once on camera, should the red dot be at the top or bottom?
Is there an easy way to test this?
Thanks
Alan  Tippett

You should be able to rotate the lens and see which way the prism faces. When mounted on the camera it should look down. It makes sense that the red dot should face up so it can be seen but my logic may not be F&H's logic.

---