[pure-silver] Re: Rollei Retro 100 Curl Problems

  • From: Jeffrey Thorns <puresilver@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 20:07:57 -0800

I, too, processed some of that film (120 format) and experienced 'the curl'.

I did that a few weeks ago. Ever since then, I have had it wrapped around a 120 SS reel, emulsion out. I just went down to the darkroom to unwrap it - it is now much less curled, though still a little. Too much trouble for me. I can't use a film (on any sort of regular basis) that demands that much change to my normal workflow.

In the hope that RR 100 would replace my beloved APX 100 in 120, I bought
a box.  The negs look great but the Retro *curls* like crazy.  I've typically
wash for about 30 mins and then soak in a PhotoFlo solution for 30sec,
followed by hanging the film with weights.  I have seen extreme curl
both longitudinally and laterally.  Any ideas how to comabt this?

P.S. It is rumored that the RR 120 is cur out of the bulk *35mm* stock
left over at Agfa.  This might explain the curl, but I still need to
fix the problem.  This is the worst curling film I've ever used in
any format.