[pure-silver] Re: RODINAL?

  • From: Bogdan Karasek <bkarasek@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2009 21:28:20 -0500

Hi,

I just checked Freestyle and it's GROUND shipping only for the Rodinal which means you'll get ripped of on the shipping cost because the only ground shipping across the border is through UPS or FedEX. The US Postal Service no longer offers ground shipping to Canada, so on top of the shipping charge for UPS that Freestyle will add to your bill, UPS is going to charge you for brokerage fees and they will also charge you tax on the value of the item. Most of my packages from the US come by the Postal Service and it is very rare that Canada Post charges tax let alone brokerage fees. Last year I received over 100 packages from the US and only one got charged tax. Anyway, all this to say that UPS is a rip off. If you own a business, you can always deduct the UPS costs as a business expense but us common folk are taken to the laundry by UPS.

But unfortunately, Rodinal can only be obtained in the US and it's ground shipping only, so you'll have to bite the bullet and accept the UPS surcharges.

End on my tirade against UPS.

Cheers,
Bogdan

Eric Nelson wrote: