[pure-silver] Re: Pyro Stain

  • From: "Howard F. Efner" <hfefner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2004 09:31:10 -0700

At 09:07 PM 12/26/2004 -0500, you wrote:
>Howard,
>
>I won't be able to do that for a while because of travel plans. What
>does one need to make this kind of measurement, a spectrophotometer?

Yes, a vis/uv spectrometer is what is needed.  I do not have one available
since I moved to New Mexico.  That is why I thought of the Clemson
Chemistry department.  I will do some checking after school starts up in
Santa Fe to see if one of the local schools may have the needed equipment.
Will let you know, and if all else fails, will probably see you at APIS or
at PhotoArts Santa Fe, July 8-17, 2005 (shameless commercial plug).