[pure-silver] Re: Print Scam? There is More Than Meets the Eye at the Ansel Adams Gallery

  • From: Jean-David Beyer <jeandavid8@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 09 Oct 2014 17:52:50 -0400

On 10/09/2014 11:53 AM, Eric Nelson (Redacted sender emanmb@xxxxxxxxx
for DMARC) wrote:
> I didn't expect them to go this low. Hahaha!
>
> http://petapixel.com/2014/10/07/print-scam-meets-eye-ansel-adams-gallery/

I bought a print (a moon over half dome) from the Ansel Adams Gallery in
1974 for something like $225. And it was a real print, by Ansel Adams.
You can tell because the authorized prints by others are signed just A.
A.  whereas the ones Ansel Adams printed himself are signed Ansel Adams.

Now the calendar stuff is another story, but those are pretty obvious.
The ones done by George Waters (a fine art printer in, IIRC, San
Francico) are excellent. About the only other really good printer in
those days was Sidney Rappaport in NYC. But they are obviously not
silver gelatin prints.

  /V\  PGP-Key:166D840A 0C610C8B Registered Machine  1935521.
 /( )\ Shrewsbury, New Jersey    http://linuxcounter.net
 ^^-^^ 17:45:01 up 19 days, 3:37, 3 users, load average: 4.25, 4.37, 4.39