[pure-silver] Re: Phototec times for Tri-x and Tmax 100

  • From: Janet Cull <jcull@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2008 15:01:55 -0400

On Aug 26, 2008, at 9:51 AM, ERoustom wrote:

There's no need to develop 120 film any longer than 135 film is there?

There is for me. I'm assuming it's a difference in metering. My 35s have built in meters while I use a Minolta IVF for the mf. The exposures seem to be very different so I always have to add developing time for my 120 film. I shoot TMax (finishing off some old film) and TriX.

My 120 negatives often look flatter than my 35mm film. I'm saying "flatter". I'm not sure that's the right description. Just not as good, and I know that shouldn't be so since I'm shooting a Hasselblad. Obviously, the larger negative holds up better for enlarging but otherwise I'm not always more pleased with those shots. I'm still working away at it, though.

The club is small; 5 of us. I'm the only one that does my own developing and printing so I didn't get what I was hoping for, but it's nice to have somebody to talk photography with.

Janet