[pure-silver] Re: Phenidone in alcohol

  • From: Snoopy <snoopy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 07 May 2009 11:31:09 +0200

Dear Kristzian,

boy, that sounds like a really strong new party drink :-)

Whenever I try to keep something in solution like that I try to avoid
alcohols: they also tend to evaorate. I have a friend who is a chemist
and I can as him if the stuff I want to keep keeps well in glycerine
plus I can still use ot for the original purpose later!

I love that stuff, becase you can use it for lots of things inc. an
extra "liquid stopper" for some other solutions, when it does not mix.

I am sure the other chemists on the list are going to lynch me (as usual
:-)) but some things work very well with glycerine. So see if it will
work for you to keep a kind of stock solution which you then dissolve in
alcohol when you need it.

Love
Snoopy

Horvath Krisztian wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> A short question: how long can I keep phenidone dissolved in 99.7%
> isopropil alcohol (2-propanol), or 99.7 % ethyl alcohol (ethanol)? I've
> heard that if there is some water in the solvent, it will cause the
> phenidon die soon, but what happens, if I use almost pure alcohol?
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Chris

"Ceterum censeo, digitalem esse delendam"