[pure-silver] My Negatives Not as Contrasty As Prints

  • From: ERoustom <eroustom@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2008 20:43:41 -0400

Greetings PS members,

I don't expect a perfect answer to this silly question, but I'm curious what any of you would have to say.

I have a roll of negatives that look perfect on the light table - I see detail in the shadows and the highlights, everything is sharp with good contrast - the highlights don't look as dense as they print, but they take a good deal of work to print. If the negative looks good on the light table, why should it be so contrasty on the paper?

Happy Labor Day.

Elias