[pure-silver] Re: More testing

  • From: Jim Brick <jim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2006 16:42:08 -0800

My oldest son owns our family mail server and it is hooked onto the Internet in a large university complex. No ISP involved. My son has ASSP Spam Filter Gateway (Anti-Spam SMTP Proxy) installed, which does a pretty good job of killing spam. It has a large white list that helps it select spam. It is simple to add spam definitions to the white list.

I have used Eudora since its inception and the current version (for at least the past couple of years) includes a spam filter, routing spam to a junk folder. You can set various parameters and if spam does happen to get through, you manually send it to the junk folder, and Eudora learns, assigning more weight to that type of message. A couple of manual transfers is all it takes to permanently ban a particular type of e-mail from your in-box.

The pair, ASSP and Eudora, are pretty effective at eliminating spam from one's in-box.

Jim