[pure-silver] Re: Meridian view camera

  • From: Eve Girard <evegir@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2005 11:47:05 -0800

The Meridian was known as the American Linhof having the same back moves
as the German camera.  I had a Meridian B for several years enjoying it
a lot.  For quick ID, the A model has a round lens board where the B has
a square one.  I preferred the B as it had micro focus available in the
body track for focusing w/a's.  My only complaint, and it may have been
peculiar only to mine, was that a grafmatic was a very tight fit, almost
too tight for camera comfort.  No grafloc back was available, to my
knowledge.  The Meridian does sport full movements, unusual for a
press-type camera.  http://graflex.org/articles/meridian/ has a decent
article on the A.  If I wasn't overrun with Linhofs, I'd get another
Meridian.

Eve