[pure-silver] Re: Lith printing tips?

  • From: Richard Ross / RH Designs <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 16:41:34 +0000

Nick wrote

 >      In the book Rudman suggests taking the exposure time required with a
 > normal
 >developer and adding 2 or 3 stops for lith printing. Does that sound
 >reasonable?

Yes.  Control the highlights with exposure and the contrast with
development.  I've often found 3 or even 4 stops extra to be about right
but it will depend on a lot of things, not least of which is what you've
already done with the developer.  It's a seat of the pants sort of process :-)

The Forté lith developer seems to me to be pretty much identical to Kodak's.

Regards
Richard