[pure-silver] Re: LED light source for enlarger

  • From: Russ Gorman <rusty57@xxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2009 13:33:01 -0800

If anyone is interested in trying to make an LED lightsource for their enlarger, here is a good starting point- a board already custom printed for a grid of LED's. It's a little large, but gives you an idea of what it would take and the cost involved (minimal) I'm considering building one for my 5x7 Zone VI enlarger to replace the coldhead.

Zone VI(Calumet) had designed and built one for this enlarger just before discontinuing it, so I don't know if they ever sold any- I think it was $1200 at the time

 http://www.evilmadscientist.com/article.php/peggy