[pure-silver] Re: I happened to notice...

  • From: Laurence Cuffe <Laurence.Cuffe@xxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 13:25:12 +0000 (GMT)

>  Curious. The photo is pretty low res but the camera
> appears to be on a tripod. I wonder what it was being used
> for. Its a late Pacemaker 4x5 with Graflex's top combined
> rangefinder and viewfinder. I can't of course tell much
> about the lens from this photo but it appears to be the
> standard Optar in a Graphex shutter although it might be a
> wide angle lens.
I seem to remember that for the last American presidential race there
was a photographer called David Burnett using a graphic with a Aero-
Ektar. I have a vague feeling that one of his shots made the cover of
time magazine.  Could this be the same guy? I also note that the camera
he's actually taking a photograph with is not a 5x4.
All the best
Larry Cuffe