[pure-silver] How Can They Make Such A Claim

  • From: ERoustom <eroustom@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2008 21:33:52 -0400

"FOMAPAN 100 Classic has a nominal speed rating of ISO 100, but due to its wide exposure latitude the film gives good results even when overexposed by 1 EV (exposure value) (as ISO 50) or underexposed by 2 EV (as ISO 400) without any change in processing, i.e. without lengthening the development time or increasing the temperature of the developer used."

Could this be true? Or what do they really mean by it?

I'm using their 200 speed roll film, and I can't say it's not good stuff, but I see the same dense highlights or thin shadows as I do in every other film. I would expect such a forgiving film to give me less of that.

Elias