[pure-silver] Re: Hewes tanks and reels ("spirals")

  • From: "Frank Filippone" <red735i@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2009 20:37:27 -0800

There is no comparison......  The Hewes are substantially better.  Even the
center retention method is better.....

I use the JOBO versions ( which have a larger core for fitting to the JOBO
plastic cores.)

I have no knowledge about the tanks......  I always found the Nikor to be
good.... but you needed to have a mated set to make them leakproof when
inverting.....

Frank Filippone
red735i@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Does anyone have any information on the quality / reliability /
obtainability of Hewes tanks and reels (or "spirals", as they call
them)? They're made in England, and that's about as far as my
knowledge goes. I'm specifically wondering how they compare with Nikor
tanks and reels.

Thanks,

-Bill