[pure-silver] Re: Help finding a little used kodak film

  • From: "mark" <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 08:01:56 -0400

Leigh

Richards response is dead on. This film records farther than what we are
capable of perceiving. The red filter is needed to record this effect.

I was wrong when I said the felt was impervious. I should have said NOT
impervious. It's been my experience that these don't stop any IR light.
Be very careful with this film when loading/unloading this film. It is very
sensitive to any light and the film itself seems to draw it in and fog much
more than just the little bit of film that might be exposed.
When I first started this I loaded a cassette in total darkness then put it
in my camera back in daylight. A great deal of the film was ruined.
So if you're spooling this film be sure to do it in total darkness and put
it in the camera in total darkness. And of course when you process be sure
to get it onto a reel in total darkness.

Whenever I use infrared to do portraits the eyes tend to go black. It's not
an effect I found attractive. I wouldn't use this to do tight head shots.

Mark