[pure-silver] Re: Help?! Minolta Autocord

  • From: Richard Knoppow <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 22:51:07 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

-----Original Message-----
From: Leigh Solland <solland@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sep 28, 2004 8:41 PM
To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [pure-silver] Re: Help?! Minolta Autocord

Thanks to all who have responded to my plea.  I will try to answer your
questions in this single post.

Richard Knoppow wrote:

>   I am not very familiar with the Autocord. Does it have
> automatic shutter cocking or must you cock it manually?

Manually.  It has a crank, like a Rolleiflex, so you turn the crank forward to
advance the film and back it up a quarter turn to cock the shutter.

      This is the sort of thing I mean, the shutter is not cocked directly but
by means of some coupling to the crank. It is possible the shutter is not being
fully cocked. Failure to trip but making a click is a typical symptom.