[pure-silver] Re: HC-110 vs D-76

  • From: nicolas <nicolas3141@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 13:11:21 +1000 (EST)

HC110 is quite different, but if you are using tri-x
you can get the most beautiful pearly skin tones from
the combination.  Not quite such fine grain as d76
(actually my experience is of comparing hc110 to id11,
but id11 is very very similar to d76).  But quite a
soft grain structure that is not objectionable as long
as you don't try to enlarge it too much.  It requires
plenty of exposure, ie rating tri-x down around 125 or
160.

Cheers,
Nicolas