[pure-silver] Re: Glassless carier

  • From: eroustom@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 17:23:33 +0000

Use masking tape to stretch the negative across the opening, but takes more
time, and requires clean up to avoid build up of adhesive on either the carrier
or the neg. I've used "Drafting" tape which is low tack, and easy to remove.
An excellent darkroom printer by the name of Bill Lapete of Boston taught me to
use pinking shears to cut the masking tape, and use the pinked side to attach
to the negative - maximizes taped perimeter, but reduces taped area.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pinking_shears

Or use an Anti-Newton glass on top of, and no glass below the negative (reduces
the number surfaces to keep clean). Most practical with 35mm film.

Using new scratch free glass (replacing 20 year old glass) makes a very big
difference.
Focal Point, http://www.fpointinc.com/glass.htm

I use all three methods, and haven't noticed a huge advantage to any one.
There's a little spotting do almost all the time.

Elias

From: Ýbrahim Pamuk <ibrahim.pamuk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Hi,
>

> I am using a glassless carrier for a long time. I know that due to some
> curling
> I cannot get everywhere on focus. What I do is to stepdown to get most to
> focus.
> Alternative is to use glass carier, but in this case the dust, etc is a huge
> problem Am I doing rit? Any comments to me?
>

> regards
>

> Ibrahim Pamuk

I am using a glassless carrier for a long time. I know that due to some curling I cannot get everywhere on focus. What I do is to stepdown to get most to focus. Alternative is to use glass carier, but in this case the dust, etc is a huge problem Am I doing rit? Any comments to me?

regards

Ibrahim Pamuk

--- End Message ---