[pure-silver] Re: Fishy developer

  • From: "Koch, Gerald" <gkoch02@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 15:44:49 -0500

I looked at the MSDS and the only ingredient listed that might have a slight
fishy odor is the pentetic acid, pentasodium salt (diethylenetriaminepentaacetic
acid, pentasodium salt).  Amines are said to have either an ammoniacal or fishy
odor.  This chemical is used to chelate calcium and other metals in tap water.

Jerry