[pure-silver] Re: Film advice, please [update]

  • From: Dennis Purdy <dlp4777@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 17:20:13 -0700

Sorry Elias I really don't have any experience with testing the shelf life as I have always either mixed the whole bottle and used it in one day or if I mixed just part, I finished the rest off in a few days. It should last awhile though. Especially if you can decant it off into a smaller bottle and maybe even keep the unused part in the fridge. I would think it would be good for a couple months or more, though that is just my own guess with nothing to back it up. You could try it and let us know.
On a Rodinal note, I bought a few bottles some time ago and when I open that I decant it into small glass bottles and it seems to be the same strength as new every time I use it. I have an unopened bottle that has been in the back of the fridge for over a year and it still is the same color as when I got it new.
Dennis
On Aug 21, 2008, at 17:00, ERoustom wrote:

Not at all, a very good reference on the image quality, and some of those shots are superb. I especially like the big dark tree.

What is your experience with DDX shelf life?

Thanks,

Elias

On Aug 20, 2008, at 5:33 PM, Dennis Purdy wrote:

I know it is pretty much a waste of time to look at jpgs on line, but if you like you will find

Delta 3200 in DDX
http://www.pbase.com/dpurdy/image/96968863

and Delta 3200 in Xtol stock
http://dennispurdy.com/delta%203200%20u%20of%20o.html