[pure-silver] Re: Film Scanner Advice

  • From: Eric Nelson <emanmb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 May 2011 10:48:26 -0700 (PDT)

When you say cut the strips apart, how many frames do you want to keep intact?

Drum scanners, although much more complicated and cumbersome will top any
flatbed.  I got mine for $500 so it is possible to get on in that range.  Just
look for a tabletop model as anything else will be impossible to deal with
unless you have a large ground floor studio and forklift to accommodate such a
thing.